Negative content can bring in several problems for any particular website or brand. It is sure to leave a bad impression on your target audience. When marketing for your brand, your primary interest should be that your target class is satisfied with your products and services. Otherwise, it might be difficult for you to retain the attention of the customers and this is likely to be aggravated by the presence of any negative content on the website.
Why often Google shows negative stories?
Though Google aims to deliver the best results to the users to maintain its reputation in the market, situation could be such that some negative stories come up on the page. Industries who are concerned about the quality of content posted on various pages are of the opinion that there are two reasons for the same.
- Query Deserves Diversity or QDD
- Query Deserves Freshness or QDF
Methods to remove the negative contentSome of the steps of how to remove negative content from Google are enlisted further.
- Know the problem and solve it – As soon as you encounter any negative content on the website, do not confuse it with any search engine or technical problem. It is going to hamper your reputation at large. However, you should immediately contact the marketing and the PR team who mainly deals with the shaping of the public perception.
- List the content as irrelevant – In case the negative content is on any platform that you can handle easily, by exploring settings of the application, you can easily get rid of the same. In case of any website which is handled by a different group of experts, you have to first list the content as outdated, irrelevant or inappropriate.
- Follow-up to the negative story – A good PR team would help to maintain the follow-up story. Discuss with the PR team, and they can try to change the same from negative to positive.
Use properties from other brands – The authoritative websites can be used to take down negative stories from Google. These are powerful tools in regard to search engines as well. For the same, you can try to build up social media pages that would help to take down the negative stories.